About Steward Health Care System
Steward Health Care is the largest private, tax-paying physician-led health care network in the United States. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward operates 35 hospitals in the United States and the country of Malta that regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The company employs approximately 42,000 health care professionals. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, over 7,900 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
Graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing, from an accredited school. Current Mass. license. Certification in BLS and ACLS required, with 3-6 years acute care and or Cardiac Rehab experience. Must possess the ability to operate autonomously, think critically and effectively problem solve in this dynamic outpatient environment. Must be physically fit and able to demonstrate and participate in exercise sessions at Phase II, III and IV levels (CRH) plus Adult Fitness. Requires an individual with exhibited strengths in public speaking, managing groups, communication skills, clinical skills and guest relations. This individual must possess the appropriate clinical skills to perform an assessment of patients, for intake into the program.
- Ability to lead exercise sessions at Phase II, III, and IV levels (Cardiac Rehab) as well as adult fitness classes.
- Ability to assess patient’s for change in condition and communicate with MD in an effective manner.
- Ability to use glucometer and analyze results and act according to glucose policy.
- Ability to read ECG rhythm’s, recognizes changes from baseline and communicates with MD.
- Ability to perform ACLS and call 911 in an emergency situation.
- Ability to perform assessment skill required for a patient intake in to Cardiac Rehab program.
- Teaches patients about their condition and reinforces medication schedule and teaching.
- Incorporates evidence-based knowledge into decisions for the provision of safe patient care, and participates in the planning and provision of safety-related education with age-specific consideration.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the financial implications of materials, equipment and human resources. Participates in and has knowledge of budgetary process. Implements cost containment measures. Communicates budget considerations and provides feedback to staff members, physicians, and administrators as needed. Helps with the utilization of supplies in a judicious, cost-effective manner. Participates in purchasing decisions to achieve quality, cost-effective outcomes. Collaborates with Cardiac Rehab Staff to monitor daily case schedule.
- Seeks experiences to maintain skills and competency necessary to practice in specialty service.
- Participates in data collection and research related to the Cardiac Rehab Program.
- Incorporates current research, national guidelines, standards, and evidence-based practices to develop advanced clinical knowledge and improve Cardiac Rehabs performance.
- Assists with facilitating staff compliance with organizational policies, accreditation standards, governmental regulations, and professional standards of care.
- Demonstrates effective communication with members of the Cardiac Rehab team and other stakeholders within and outside the Steward Medical Group.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
16. Performs other duties as assigned
- Education: Minimum of a BSN from an accredited nursing school.
- Experience 3-6 years acute care or Cardiac Rehab Program
- Certification/Licensure: ACLS/BLS required BSN required
- Software/Hardware: Basic computer skills required. Athena, Meditech skills recommended.
- Demonstrates professional demeanor
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems to meet desired outcomes
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Manual dexterity to perform job function
- Shall be accountable for maintaining patient confidentiality and security for all patient-related data and information
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to work in close proximity with all members of the Cardiac Rehabilitation Staff.
- Ability to take directions from others and work well in a group.