Nurse Educator Perioperative - 40 hrs/week-
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Nurse Educator Perioperative 40 hrs/week, Day Shift, ALCS/BLS Instrutor Preferred, ACLS/BLS/PALS Required, 1-2 years RECENT Experience in PACU and OR Specialty area Required, 1-2 RECENT experience as an Educator Preferred.
I. Position Function:
The Nurse Educator Perioperative is a master's prepared, professional nurse who possesses clinical knowledge and teaching skills. The role encompasses consultation, continuing education, nursing research, professional practice, continuous quality improvement, and clinical teaching.
The Nurse Educator Perioperative acts as a role model to nurse clinicians, staff, other health care professionals and support services, and provides consultation in his/her specialty area, using the patient-centered model of care.
The Nurse Educator Perioperative supports and promotes practice standards in accordance with the ANA Standards of Nursing Practice, the AORN Guidelines for Perioperative Practice and the Philosophy and Goals of the Nursing Division and the Medical Center.
IV. A. Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
1.) "Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers,
and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards."
- Serves as a role model for professional practice in the Operating Room and Perioperative care areas.
- Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of the goals, standards and
policies and procedures within the Perioperative Nursing Division.
- Collaborates with other disciplines to develop and implement hospital-wide policies and
- Assists the nurse clinician to plan and implement patient centered care based on established
guidelines, standards, protocols and policies and procedures of nursing practice.
- Provides training, development and support to ancillary staff (NA, PCA, MA, MHW,
- Assists nurses with leadership role development and clinical decision making.
- Participates in and encourages staff to engage in collaborative forums such as collaborative
practice groups, interdisciplinary rounds, and patient care conferences.
- Collaborates with the patient care manager and nursing staff to identify learning needs and
plans appropriate experiences/educational programs.
- Designs and implements programs to develop and maintain staff competency in both generic
and unit-specific areas.
- Designs and develops educational programs/competencies in response to hospital and Perioperative initiatives
- Provides yearly mandatory education for nursing staff and other health care professionals.
- Precepts master's level nursing students during clinical practicums.
- Acts as a resource to the nurse clinician for clinical problem solving.
- Provides consultation in collaboration with the nurse clinician in the area of her/his clinical
expertise to patients and families in the Perioperative setting.
- Acts as a resource to staff for the implementation of the nursing process and contemporary
- Provides consultation to nurse clinicians on use of care management system.
- Provides consultation to and supports role development of the clinical leader.
- Acts as a resource and consultant to support services.
- Provides direct input and critical analysis of technology to product representatives for
potential improvement in the quality of the product, and/or delivery of patient care.
- Designs, implements, and evaluates orientation programs for all levels of Perioperative Services
health care personnel.
- Facilitates learning experiences for orientees.
- Introduces new staff members to the philosophy, goals, policies, procedures, role
expectations, physical facilities, and special services in their work setting.
- Facilitates preceptor role development in collaboration with the patient care managers.
- Supports preceptor and orientee throughout orientation and in completion of orientation
- Collaborates with the patient care managers in the implementation and evaluation of the
- Provides and/or coordinates in-service education activities designed to maintain, update and
promote the knowledge and skills of nursing staff.
- Participates in the orientation and coordination of learning experiences for faculty and
students of affiliated nursing schools.
- Actively participates in the design, implementation, approval process and evaluation of
continuing education programs for Perioperative Services.
- Plans and develops educational programs, including workshops, conferences, and seminars
for all levels of nursing personnel which build on existing skills and lead to the acquisition of
- Expands educational offerings/materials in the clinical learning lab.
- Encourage staff to utilize educational opportunities which will enhance their professional
- Supports an educational environment which encompasses use of clinical learning lab and the
Professional Development/Professional Relationships:
- Maintains competency through participation in educational activities, clinical practice, and
consultation which promote professional growth.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the profession through membership and participation in
- Demonstrates awareness of political issues and processes and their impact upon health care.
- Participates as a guest lecturer to professional groups.
- Develops educational materials for utilization by patients and professionals groups.
- Contributes to nursing literature on a local and/or national level.
- Participates in interdisciplinary and interdisciplinary committees as a member of the Nursing
- Manages special projects throughout Perioperative Services in response to initiatives.
Continuous Quality Improvement/Research:
- Teaches and facilitates critical thinking and research findings for applicability to practice.
- Assists staff in critiquing research findings for applicability to practice.
- Assists staff to participate and assist in research studies to enhance patient outcomes.
- Designs, promotes and participates in unit-based CQI programs, to improve nursing practice.
B. Responsibilities/Non-Essential Functions:
Performs other related duties as needed.
V. Reporting Requirements:
Completes a written evaluation summary on all programs provided.
Develops and presents regular written report of all educational activities to the Director of Perioperative Services
Accountable for providing educational offerings and services which operate within the Perioperative Services Department budget.
Accountable for guiding clinical practice in accordance with applicable state and federal regulations, and standard-setting organizations.
Accountable for maintaining confidentiality and security of all hospital-related, medical staff-related, and patient-related data and information.
Accountable for abiding by all relevant hospital policies and procedures.
Master's Degree in Nursing Preferred
ACLS BLS Instructor preferred
ACLS, PALS, BLS, required
1-2 yrs RECENT experience in PACU and OR specialty area required
1-2 years RECENT experience as an educator preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Important COVID message
Please note, St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.