Nurse Manager - Med Surg/Tele - Full Time
Professional nurse who manages the daily operations of a department(s) to provide services for patients while meeting quality, legal, organizational and medical staff goals. Responsible for promoting the efficient operations to provide effective nursing care of a designated department(s). Manages the department independently under the guidance of a Director. Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies, TJC and the Nurse Practice Act. Promotes optimum health care delivery within budgetary guidelines. Responsible for department(s) on a 24-hour basis.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS (including required licenses/certifications, education and job knowledge/experience):
- Current Florida RN License
- Current BLS Certification
- Current ACLS Certification
- Bachelor’s preferred
- Two (2) years of clinical experience, one (1) year management experience preferred
North Shore Medical Center is proud to be a part of the Steward Health Care Network with 39 community hospitals across 9 states with more than 43,000 employees. For over 60 years, North Shore Medical Center has brought exceptional medical care to Dade and Broward counties. With 357 beds, 400-plus medical staff, and more than 700 employees, North Shore excels with its Emergency Services, General Surgery, high-risk Maternity Care, Cancer Treatment, Cardiology Services, Stroke Treatment, Diagnostic Imaging, and other top-rated services.
We are proud to offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package that supports your health as well as your financial, career, and life goals. We believe our people are our strength and we take our employees’ health seriously. From medical coverage and life insurance to retirement plans, paid time off and much more, Steward Health Care provides you with a variety of benefits for your unique needs.
Our Values and Culture: Steward Health Care is a minority, physician-owned organization that fosters, cultivates, and embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. No matter your role, being a member of the Steward family means you are making a difference every day.
We are committed to creating:
- A safe and respectful work environment. We want our employees to enjoy the same sense of care and belonging that we provide to our patients.
- Teams that celebrate, empower, and uplift people. A supportive, inclusive culture, where people flourish and thrive is one that everyone embraces and deserves.
- A culture of inclusivity and kindness. Don't just treat people how you want to be treated: treat them how they want to be treated. We believe, "If you can be anything in this world, be kind".