Nurse Manager Operating Room
Sign on bonus- $7,000
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Nurse Manager - Operating Room - 40 hrs/week (Days)
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion, and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
- The Nurse Manager is a management/leadership position within the Medical Center Organization and operationalizes the core values of the Organization by promoting patient centered care.
- The Nurse Manager has twenty four hour responsibility/accountability for the units' operations. Patient care outcomes are the result of interdisciplinary collaboration coordinated by the Patient Care Director.
- "Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards."
- Develops, incorporates and maintains the standards of clinical practice as defined by the Nursing Division.
- Participates in unit-based CQI activities and assists staff in identifying and monitoring the quality indicators that are most pertinent to patient care goals.
- Actively participates in all collaborative group activities and appropriate committees.
- Contributes to the design and implementation of CareMaps.
- Acts as one of the primary resources to care management and clinical leaders in the role development and/or problem solving.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures that guide and support patient care.
- Bachelors' degree in Nursing required / Masters' degree preferred.
- Certification in Nursing preferred.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Nursing in one or more assigned areas.
- Ability to problem-solve and work collaboratively towards defined patient care outcomes.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage expense budget as allocated.
- Ability to make formal presentations relative to clinical, operational, educational research and financial issues.
- Current license to practice Nursing in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Must obtain 15 hours of Continuing Education annually to maintain license.
- Training in Performance Improvement, total Quality Management, and/or Continuous Quality Improvement
Special Qualifications: Computer literate
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 127227