Nurse Manager, Operation Room, Full Time, Flex Shift
Directs and coordinates clinical activities in the department. Maintains responsibility for planning and managing patient care, departmental activities and personnel. Provides leadership and direction in accordance with organizational goals and objectives. Maintains responsibility and accountability for 24 hour per day management. Demonstrates the ability to work with the patient's growth, development and psychosocial needs specific to each population being served.
Position Qualification: (Training, Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities)
- Experience as an Assistant Nurse Manager or comparable management/leadership role.
- Excellent communication (oral & written) and interpersonal skills.
- Maintains professional competence through continuing education and learning experiences.
- 3-5 years of experience in related clinical field; 1-2 years management/leadership experience preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Demonstrates advanced level leadership, problem-solving, decision making, communication skills. High tolerance for stress. Demonstrates positive interpersonal and strong people skills. Demonstrated clinical expertise in area of specialty.
- Graduate from an approved nursing educational program as defined by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN); BSN in nursing preferred.
- Current Florida State license as a Registered Nurse.
- ACLS and BLS required and other specific requirements depending on specialty unit (PALS, NRP, STABLE, etc.)