Nurse Manager - Women's Services
$15,000 sign on bonus!
Responsible for the operations of all Women's Services to include Labor and Delivery, NICU and Mother/Baby and O/B ED. Coordinates and guides nursing activities on patient care unit. Sets standards of care for nursing practice. Acts as a role model through clinical practice. Collaborates effectively with other health professionals. Evaluates the performance of the nursing staff. Directs staffing activities for assigned unit(s). Assumes budgetary responsibilities. Directs quality improvement and research related activities. Foster professional growth of staff. Supports Women’s Services Administrative Philosophy. Pursues opportunities for personal development. Promotes communication and teamwork among the Women’s Services Team. Demonstrate productive and efficient management skills. Excel in identifying and controlling critical cost elements; thereby promoting quality awareness and achieving the highest standard of excellence. Assists in formulating departmental budgets and adhering to established standards. Ensures performance improvement initiatives are implemented. Monitors staff performance. Collaborates with staff, physicians and the Chief Nursing Officer to ensure compliance with policies and procedures and accurate implementation in accordance with patient care standards.
Position Qualification: (Training, Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities)
- Graduate from an approved nursing educational program as defined by the National Council of State Boards '''of Nursing (NCSBN)
- Bachelor’s degree, in Nursing or related field preferred
- Minimum two (2) years management experience preferred and (5) years of nursing experience preferred
- Demonstrates leadership, critical thinking and time management skills
- Current Florida Registered Nurse License
- BLS and PALSPALS (American Red Cross)
North Shore Medical Center is proud to be a part of the Steward Health Care Network with 36 community hospitals across 9 states with more than 43,000 team members. For over 60 years, North Shore Medical Center has brought exceptional medical care to Dade and Broward counties. With 357 beds, 400-plus medical staff, and more than 700 team members, North Shore excels with its Emergency Services, General Surgery, high-risk Maternity Care, Cancer Treatment, Cardiology Services, Stroke Treatment, Diagnostic Imaging, and other top-rated services.
We are proud to offer our team members a comprehensive benefits package that supports your health as well as your financial, career, and life goals. We believe our people are our strength and we take our team member’s health seriously. From medical coverage and life insurance to retirement plans, paid time off and much more, Steward Health Care provides you with a variety of benefits for your unique needs.
Our Values and Culture: Steward Health Care is a minority, physician-owned organization that fosters, cultivates, and embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. No matter your role, being a member of the Steward family means you are making a difference every day.
We are committed to creating:
• A safe and respectful work environment. We want our team members to enjoy the same sense of care and belonging that we provide to our patients.
• Teams that celebrate, empower, and uplift people. A supportive, inclusive culture, where people flourish and thrive is one that everyone embraces and deserves.
• A culture of inclusivity and kindness. Don't just treat people how you want to be treated: treat them how they want to be treated. We believe, "If you can be anything in this world, be kind".
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 120990