Nurse Manager- Full-time 40hrs/wk, day shift, no holidays/weekends required.
About Steward Health Care
We are fighting for a healthier world and a new era of wellness!
Nearly a decade ago, we set out to build an entirely different kind of health care company from the ground up one that unlocks access to affordable, high-quality, and economically sustainable care and wellness in ways never imagined. Today, we are one of the largest private, physician-led health care networks caring for millions of people across the U.S. Our transformative, fully integrated model represents a new beginning for America’s health care system and others around the world.
We have hospitals across 7 states serving over 800 communities, with more than 43,000 employees. We are ushering in a new day of world class health care. From renowned pediatricians, sports medicine specialists and cardiac surgeons to state-of-the-art hospitals, urgent care centers and medical practices, we can offer easier access to high-quality affordable health care to people nationwide — when they need it and where they want it.
St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center, a Boston University Teaching Hospital, provides patients and families access to some of Boston’s most respected physicians and advanced treatments offering specialized care, including:
- Advanced Center for Cardiac Surgery
- da Vinci® Robotic surgery program; Mako Robotic-Arm Assisted Surgery
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Award-winning bariatric surgery program
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute at St. Elizabeth's Medical Center
- State-of-the-art emergency care with short wait times
Our medical staff, made up of some of the highest rated physicians in Boston, treats patients in our community practices in neighborhoods, including Allston, Boston, Brighton, Brookline, Newton, Watertown and Weston.
- 100% employer paid defined benefit retirement plan
- Lowest cost health insurance, high quality BCBS
- Grow with a health system that supports career advancement
- Competitive Pay & Salary Increases
- Employee Referral Program
- Locations close to home, that support work-life balance
- Affordable Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401k via Fidelity, for eligible employees, with company match
- Tuition Assistance / Reimbursement
- Family atmosphere and team approach that provides flexibility
- Opportunities to grow your career, and not change your employer
- And much more!
- The Nurse Manager is a management/leadership position within the Medical Center Organization and operationalizes the core values of the Organization by promoting patient centered care.
- The Nurse Manager has twenty four hour responsibility/accountability for the units' operations. Patient care outcomes are the result of interdisciplinary collaboration coordinated by the Patient Care Director.
- Bachelors' degree in Nursing required / Masters' degree preferred.
- Certification in Nursing preferred.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Nursing in one or more assigned areas.
- Ability to problem-solve and work collaboratively towards defined patient care outcomes.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage expense budget as allocated.
- Ability to make formal presentations relative to clinical, operational, educational research and financial issues.
- Current license to practice Nursing in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- BLS certification
- Must obtain 15 hours of Continuing Education annually to maintain license.
- Training in Performance Improvement, total Quality Management, and/or Continuous Quality Improvement
- "Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards."
- Develops, incorporates and maintains the standards of clinical practice as defined by the Nursing Division.
- Participates in unit-based CQI activities and assists staff in identifying and monitoring the quality indicators that are most pertinent to patient care goals.
- Actively participates in all collaborative group activities and appropriate committees.
- Contributes to the design and implementation of CareMaps.
- Acts as one of the primary resources to care management and clinical leaders in the role development and/or problem solving.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures that guide and support patient care.
- Promotes methods to encourage interdisciplinary collaboration in the effective management of patient care.
- Collaborates with other departments in relation to the services needed for the patient care unit.
- Participates with Nurse Educator, provides orientation, in-service education and continuing education for staff.
- Assists the Patient Care Director/Administrative Director in evaluation professional growth of each staff member annually in writing. Promotes guidance in identifying developmental needs and strategies that foster effective problem solving, collaboration, consultation, sound clinical judgment and leadership.
- Develops short-term strategies and long-term plans to provide optimal staffing patterns for patient care.
- Identifies current needs for use of equipment and assists the Patient Care Director/Administrative Director projects future capital budget items.
- Ensures Medical Center's mission statement by participating in the ongoing development and implementation of the philosophy and goals of the Nursing Division.
- Participates on committees, task forces, interdisciplinary forums that are concerned with patient care.
- Shall be accountable for maintaining the confidentiality and security of all Medical Center-related, Medical Staff-related, and patient related data and information.
- Shall be accountable for abiding by all relevant Medical Center Policies and Procedures.
- Shall be accountable for operating the Nursing Division in accordance with applicable State and Federal Regulations, and standard-setting organizations.
- Shall be accountable for patient care provided on the assigned Nursing units.
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.