Nurse Practitioner PDM
- Prepare admission orders and perform histories and physical examinations
- Identify problems while performing preoperative evaluations and order lab studies, x-ray and other diagnostic tests as directed by MD.
- Performs a variety of ward procedures such as:
- IV insertion
- Management of:
- Dressing changes
- Insertion and management of:
- Foley catheters
- Nasogastric tubes
- Removal of skin sutures, stables and drains
- Participate, as assigned, in surgical operative procedures.
- Manage post-operative patients in PACU, as well as on floors.
- For inclusion of patients’ medical records, write pre-and post-operative orders, brief operative notes and progress notes, transfer and discharge orders, discharge prescription and dictated summaries including provisional summaries.
- Provide pre-and post-operative patient education.
- Perform Basic and Advanced Life Support measures as necessary.
• Graduation from and accredited NP program
• Current Advance Cardiac Life Support Certification
• Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certification
• Two years’ experience as an Affiliate Practitioner preferred
• Current Massachusetts license to practice as a Nurse Practitioner is required
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrate clinical expertise for functioning in an independent role
• Excellent interpersonal relationships and communication skills for working with patients, families, and other staff
• Ability to collaborate and effectively communicate with physicians and other health care professionals and support staff
•Ability to work in crisis situations when time is a factor in successful treatment
About Steward Health Care
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.