Nursing Assistant - Surgical Unit - Part Time
At Trumbull Regional Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
This position is a Part time Nursing Assistant position in our Surgical Unit. The primary hours for this role are 2p-10:30p and will work every other weekend and every other holiday.
- High school graduate or GED with at least 1-year experience in lieu of STNA/CNA Certification.
- STNA/CNA certification is required and or is obtained within 12 months of date of hire and maintained throughout employment.
- Heartsaver certification required and maintained or obtained within 30-days of original job date.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Performs all skills on the Nursing assistant checklist.
- Collaborates with other members of the healthcare team.
- Performs customer services related to direct patient care.
- Collects, transports, stores and /or disposes of refuse related materials safely.
- Transports equipment, specimens, and supplies as needed.
- Stocks supplies in the patient care area.
- Provides nutritional support to the patient.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
Important COVID message
Please note, Trumbull Regional Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.