At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
TITLE: Nursing Assistant—$15.20/hr - $22.59/hr based on Collective Bargaining Agreement with 1199 SEIU and years of experience.
- Provides basic nursing care to non-acutely ill patients within the Nursing Assistant’s scope of practice that includes actions that meet psychosocial needs and physical needs.
- Provides general aspects of care that meet psychosocial or physical needs or both simultaneously, within the Nursing Assistant’s scope of practice.
- Meets communication needs of patients.
- Demonstrates performance reflecting the initiative and responsibility expected of a Nursing Assistant.
- Performs other duties as assigned, within the Nursing Assistant’s scope of practice.
- Assists in admission, transfer and discharge of patient.
- Performs basic patient care responsibilities considering needs specific to the standard of care for patient’s age.
- Notifies appropriate licensed personnel when patient complains of pain.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate to the RN any observed changes in patient status and responses. Maintains awareness of the needs of the pediatric, geriatric and general patient population.
- Demonstrates ability to assist with feeding patients and maintaining fluid balance with technique appropriate for patient’s age and physical condition.
- Provides explanation to patient and family prior to administering care to patient; answers questions within scope of practice.
- Demonstrates ability to perform treatments and provide services within scope of practice.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to team leader, co-workers and physicians.
- Consults other departments as appropriate to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to the patient’s needs.
- Provides care appropriate to condition and age of the patient, including pediatric, geriatric and general population.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Demonstrates an ability to assist physicians with procedures and performs services requiring technical and manual skills under the direction of an RN.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Responds to patient in emergency or physically distressful situations.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family and involves patient/family in the formation of the plan of care.
- Current BLS Certification issued through either the American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross
- Current CNA Certification or current nursing student with two verified completed clinical rotations.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Successful completion of certified nursing assistant program.
Minimum of six months to one year of related work experience, preferred.
Important COVID message
Please note, Carney Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.