Nursing Secretary Part Time Days - 5 hours per day
Responsible for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to the Nursing Department for secretarial and general office duties within the Nursing Office and Patient Care Division. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Serves as receptionist for Director of Patient Care Services and Clinical Manager of Nursing Services.
- Responsible for coordinating the staffing of the nursing units according to the flexible staffing patterns and union contract language.
- Utilizes knowledge of staffing and scheduling policies and union contracts when scheduling/staffing units and granting individual requests.
- Creates and maintains work schedules for all nursing personnel.
- Prepares and distributes reports related to staffing and scheduling utilizing the electronic scheduling system.
- Maintains effective communications with all nursing department personnel.
- Maintains and updates electronic scheduling system.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school graduate or GED required. Must have at least 2 years-experience or training in office management/secretarial skills at the executive assistant skill level.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Ability to correctly spell, file, and type 60 words per minute.