Nursing Supervisor - 36 hrs/wk - Days/Nights, Every 3rd Weekend, Holidays
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
- This is an Administrative Management position that represents Nursing Administration.
- As the senior nursing administrative person on-site, this person assesses the overall hospital environment and operations.
- The Administrative Coordinator is accountable to problem sole for the organization and for initiating immediate, effective action.
- Maintains a collaborative relationship with Patient Care Managers, and other hospital managers.
- Supervises the following staff by job category:
- Clinical Leader
- Charge Nurse
- Registered Nurse
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Unit Secretary
- Nursing Assistants/Patient Care Associates
- Mental Health Workers
- ED Techs
- To problem solve for the organization and initiating immediate, effective action.
- To communicate pertinent information to the senior administrator-on-call and/or nursing administrator-on-call.
- To determine allocation of nursing resources during tour of duty.
- To re-allocate use, and/or rent/lease equipment for patient care.
- To suspend personnel within guidelines established by the Medical Center.
- To expedite patient flow within the Medical Center.
- "Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards."
- Interprets and implements hospital policies established by St. Elizabeth's Medical Center.
- Serves as a resource to Medical Center departments in the implementation of necessary disciplinary actions.
- Keeps Medical Center and Nursing Administrator-on-call apprised of administrative issues.
- Participates in planning and allocating the resources of the division and assists in the distribution of resources within each unit.
- Participates in contract compliance and ongoing labor relations.
- Participates in hospital and nursing committees.
- Makes administrative decisions within budgetary requirements.
- Implements disciplinary actions within the Medical Center guidelines.
- Participates in strategic planning, goal setting and evaluation.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Documents and communicates to administrator issues involving other hospital departments during one’s tour of duty.
- Facilitates conflict resolution through communication to appropriate parties and documentation when and if necessary.
- Establishes professional goals for own department.
- Minimum Education:
- BSN required/MSN preferred.
- Minimum Experience:
- Minimum of five years nursing experience.
- Minimum skills/abilities:
- Proven experience and leadership ability in management and clinical practice.
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing in the English language.
- Able to complete mathematical computations required to administer medications and treatment protocols.
- Able to lift, transfer, and move patients.
- Current Massachusetts RN registration.
- BLS – Required
- ACLS - Required
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Important COVID message
Please note, St. Elizabeth's Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled, and professional way.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 116524