OB/GYN Physician Assistant
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center, a member of the Steward Health Care system, is seeking a full-time, experienced Physician Assistant to join our team. This position will serve the practice at St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center. The St. Margaret’s Center for Women and Infants at St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center offers an intimate, personalized patient care experience with expert doctors, nurse midwives, and nurses. St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center is in the Brighton neighborhood of Boston, near some of Boston’s major universities. The hospital serves a diverse patient population from the Boston area and beyond.
St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology is comprised of three sub-specialties including General Gynecology, Urogynecology, and Gynecologic Oncology. St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center serves as the tertiary care hospital for Steward Health Care in Massachusetts and is a teaching hospital of Boston University School of Medicine and Tufts University School of Medicine. This position features a medical school Faculty appointment commensurate with background and experience.
- Incoming OB/GYN Physician Assistant will work independently and in collaboration with a team of physicians
- 40-hour work week which includes nights/weekends/holidays
- Performs bedside procedures, as appropriate to the patient population
- Act as the first assist in procedural areas or the operating room
- Teaching opportunities are available as well as involvement with ongoing quality improvement initiatives
- Physician Assistant with experience in Obstetrics/Gynecology are encouraged to apply
- Graduation from and accredited program
- Current Advance Cardiac Life Support Certification
- Current Massachusetts license to practice is required
- Ideal candidates will have 2+ years of OB/GYN experience and/or strong interest in OB/GYN
Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate clinical expertise for functioning in an independent role
About Steward Health Care
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.