Observational Sitter, Per Diem
Job Summary: Responsible to constantly observe that the patient remains unharmed in the established area.
- Keeps the patient in sight at all times.
- Stays with patient even when the patient has visitors or company.
- Interacts as appropriate to the patient’s condition and choice, under the direction of RN/LPN.
- Ensures that patient care issues are directed to the nurse.
- Alerts the nurse of any patient request to leave the room for any reason.
- Maintains all patient information as Confidential.
- Remains in assigned area for relief time unless arranged with the nurse in charge.
- Does not attempt to stop the patient and immediately informs the RN/LPN in the event that the patient unexpectedly attempts to leave the established area.
- Informs the department manager of the assigned unit of hours worked so that hours can be changed to that nursing unit.
- Calls for immediate assistance for any unexpected patient activity.
- Follows prescribed safety rules and regulations.
- High School graduate or equivalent required
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) required
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic
Important COVID message:
Please note, Nashoba Valley Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 122912