Job Summary: Responsible to constantly observe that the patient remains unharmed in the established area.
- Keeps the patient in sight at all times.
- Stays with patient even when the patient has visitors or company.
- Interacts as appropriate to the patient’s condition and choice, under the direction of RN/LPN.
- Ensures that patient care issues are directed to the nurse.
- Alerts the nurse of any patient request to leave the room for any reason.
- Maintains all patient information as Confidential.
- Remains in assigned area for relief time unless arranged with the nurse in charge.
- Does not attempt to stop the patient and immediately informs the RN/LPN in the event that the patient unexpectedly attempts to leave the established area.
- Informs the department manager of the assigned unit of hours worked so that hours can be changed to that nursing unit.
- Calls for immediate assistance for any unexpected patient activity.
- Follows prescribed safety rules and regulations.
- High School graduate or equivalent required
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values: