Occupational Therapist - Per Diem Geri Psych
Job Summary: Provide care to patients in our Geriatric Psychiatric Unit and must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of human growth and development and apply this knowledge in the assessment and treatment of this population.
- Provide treatment therapy to patients admitted to the Geriatric Psychiatric unit including all functional levels, acuity, and special needs.
- Coordinate the Psych OT service for geri-psych patients.
- Ability to assess and treat all patients both individually and in groups,
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing,
- Demonstrate clinical reasoning skills,
- Assume initiative for continued professional growth.
- Must possess a minimum of psychosocial clinical fieldwork experience.
- Bachelors Degree or higher required.
- Graduate of accredited Occupational Therapy Program;
- Massachusetts O.T. license with current registration
- Certification by the American Occupational Therapy Association is required.