Occupational Therapist - Per Diem Weekends
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion, and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
Provide treatment therapy and care to patients admitted to Psychiatry, ranging in age from adolescence to geriatrics and
must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of human growth and development and apply this knowledge in the assessment
and treatment of patients throughout the life span
Ability to assess and treat all patients admitted to Psychiatry both individually and in group settings.
· Implementation of OT admission evaluation and standardized assessment tools.
· Implementation of the group process and group dynamics. Must be able to run 3-4 groups daily and grade groups as
needed to accommodate client’s needs.
· Communicate and collaborate with OT team to effectively report findings and client progress in teams.
· Review of client goals, interventions and progress notes daily and weekly.
· Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
· Assume initiative for continued professional growth.
· Must be able to work weekends and be on a holiday rotation.
· Maintains proper, accurate, and timely records of treatment, progress, and discharge summaries.
· Plans and directs groups in the patient milieu as directed by department manager.
· Communicates with medical staff and other disciplines, as appropriate.
· Assists with the assessment of the quality and appropriateness of care in accordance with the hospital performance
· Demonstrates clinical reasoning skills.
· Expands qualifications by participating in advancement through own professional development organization,
educational opportunities offered by the hospital, or instruction for other educational programs.
· Regularly attends and participates in team and/or departmental meetings and activities.
· Establishes and maintains effective working relations, boundaries, and organizational skills.
· Welcomes patients/customers/employees in a warm, friendly manner.
· Ensures that the dignity of the patient/customer/employee is maintained at all times.
· Demonstrates safe and effective use of equipment.
· Effective and timely documentation of group notes, 1:1 treatment notes, evaluations, assessments, and
· Assist with acuity on behavioral units and de-escalation techniques to support patients and milieu.
· Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to
ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
1. Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
2. Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values,
beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to clients with psychiatric
diagnosis from group to individual treatment interventions.
· Thorough knowledge of the group process and group dynamics.
· Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of human growth and development across the life span.
· Possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s requirements relative to age and cultural
· Effective communication and written skills.
· Demonstrates compassionate and client centered care.
· Thorough knowledge of client safety and HIPAA.
· Ability to perform essential functions without posing a direct threat to patients and other staff.
· Ability to work cooperatively with others on a team with a positive attitude.
· Ability to manage and function in a fast paced and busy environment.
· Ability to manage within a flexible schedule and adapt to changes in the moment..
· Ability to work independently with excellent organizational and sound decision making skills.
· Ability to read, hear, write, speak and comprehend English.
· Willing to train in continuing education annually.
Graduate of accredited Occupational Therapy Program; Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
II. Experience: Minimum of psychosocial clinical fieldwork experience and 1 year experience preferred in a
behavioral health or similar setting.
III. Certification/Licensure: Massachusetts Occupational Therapy license with current registration and certification
by the American Occupational Therapy Association. ; Must be certified in CPR.
IV. Other: Immunization records must be up to date.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic
Important COVID message
Please note, Carney Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.