Responsible to Steward Health Care for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to Rehabilitative Services for implementing Occupational Therapy programs and contributing to general departmental function. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
- Provides effective, quality OT treatments to all assigned patients.
- Communicates patient’s needs, progress and concerns through written documentation and verbal communication to interdisciplinary team members.
- Provides effective supervision to COTA’s to ensure quality of patient treatment.
- Documents results of patient assessment/treatment according to Medical Records departmental policies and procedures.
- Supervises Rehab Technician’s as they assist with patient activities.
- Assists in scheduling and selected activities in the Occupational Therapy Department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Therapy from a college or university program approved by the American Occupational Therapy Association required. Previous experience as an Occupational preferred. After orientation, up to one month’s experience on this job is required to perform essential functions and to handle emergency situations.
Current PA license as an Occupational Therapist the PA OT, PT, AT Board required. AHA BLS