Occupational Therapist - Temporary - Per Diem
Please be advised that this position is temporary and based on the current operational needs of the Steward Health Care/Good Samaritan Medical Center. Therefore, the duration of this position is subject to the discretion of Steward Health Care/Good Samaritan Medical Center based on such operational needs.
|The Occupational therapist is responsible for patient evaluations, care planning, directing, and administering occupational therapy modalities of treatment as prescribed by a licensed physician. The OT administers treatments and physical agents as prescribed by a referring physician in an effort to restore function and prevent disability following injury, disease or physical disability. The OT assists patients in reaching their maximum performance and level of functioning, while learning to live within the limits of their capabilities.|
The Occupational Therapist:
• Actively demonstrates GSMC’s mission and core values, and conducts oneself at all times in a manner consistent with these values
• Completes evaluations and treatment addressing ADL activities, functional, strength, and cognitive deficits. Assess patient’s current status and develops goals and treatment plan with recommendations.
• Plans and implements therapeutic programs and activities designed to restore, reinforce, and enhance task performances, diminish or correct pathology, and to promote and maintain health and self-sufficiency.
• Instructs, motivates, and assists patients to learn and improve functional activities and daily living activities.
• Evaluates effects of treatment at various stages and adjusts treatments to achieve maximum benefit.
• Completes, in a thorough and accurate manner, evaluation reports, progress notes/flow sheets, discharge summary and additional required documentation.
• Serves as a clinical resource to colleagues and other medical professionals
• Takes initiative to remain current in clinical practice through lectures, literature, and other educational opportunities
• Functions in a self-directed manner and takes ownership to manage self and work including responsibility for actions and accountability for results
• Maintains professional demeanor and is responsible for quality care in all interactions
|Required Knowledge & Skills:|
• Able to communicate verbally and in writing in the English language.
• Must be able to adjust to varying treatment loads and schedules.
• Excellent assessment skills, clinical skills and organizational skills and charge capabilities.
• Able to lift, transfer and move patients.
|Bachelors degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited university program.|
|1-2 years of experience with a well established clinical background. Previous medical setting experience preferred.|
|Must be licensed in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as an Occupational Therapist; BLS|