Occupational Therapy Assistant - 32 hrs/week - Day Shift
Qualifications: Graduate of an approved Occupational Therapy program. BS or MS in Occupational Therapy. Previous experience in psychiatric occupational therapy preferred. Licensed by the
Obtains all appropriate information from patient medical records and/or interview. Consults with physicians and other caregivers as needed.
Chooses and utilizes appropriate evaluation tests and tools while maintaining the safety of the patient.
- Sets measurable goals inclusive of family/patient goals and expectations.
- Establishes appropriate treatment plan based on results of subjective and objective assessment and precautions.
- Monitors physiological and psychological responses of treatment and revises treatment plan and goals appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Provides education/instruction to patient/family and other health care providers.
- Documentation is consistently timely, legible, and accurate.
- Carries a patient load that reflects the established productivity standard of 70%.
- Coordinates patient care with COTA.
- Supervises students and provides observational experiences. Thoroughly completes student evaluation when applicable and submits the evaluation to center clinical coordinator within the established timeframe.
- Recognizes own learning needs and assumes responsibility for professional growth through continuing education.