Occupational Therapy Assistant (Certified) - Per Diem
Responsible to Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to Rehabilitation Services Department for carrying out Occupational Therapy patient programs and contribute overall efficient departmental function. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Administers Occupational Therapy programs as planned and directed by the Occupational Therapist.
- Documents patient treatment and progress according to Medical Record policies and procedures.
- Assists in scheduling and selected activities in Occupational Therapy department.
- Communicates and collaborates with other team members and patient/families.
- Directs techs/students as they assist with patients/families.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Associate degree in Occupational Therapy from a college or technical school required. Previous experience as a COTA preferred. After orientation, up to three month’s experience on this job is required to perform essential functions.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Broad knowledge in OT and related technical equipment. Knowledge of regulatory, legislative and JCAHO standards related to OT.