Office Coordinator-St. Margarets Clinic-40 Hrs/Week-Day Shift-No Weekends
Office Coordinator, 40 Hrs/Week, Day Shift, No Weekends
I. Position Function: The Office Coordinator will act as a lead person for the Center for Breast Care, and provide a number of administrative fuctions necessary to daily operations. Addtionally, the the Office Coordinator will act as a back-up for all positions in both the Center for Breast Care and Womens Health Pavillion, including acting as back-up to the manager as needed. The Office Coordiantor will be solely responsible for the complete and accurate capture of patient insurance data and referral / authorization management for the department.
This includes tracking and creation of referrals for all visits. S/he will be resonsible for contacting patients by telephone to collect missing pertinent data and will communicate with referring physicians and/or practices to obtain prior approvals for services. S/he will also review and respond to denied claims and work toward denial recovery. The Office Coordinator will provide clerical and receptionist functions for the Center for Breast Care and Womens Health Pavillion. S/he will coordinate, execute, and monitor all secretarial activities related to the function of the Center for Breast Care inlcuding answering telephones, appointment scheduling, patient data collection and dissemination, problem solving, and patient triage. The Office Coordinator will also participate in training new staff to the Center for Breast Care and Womens Health Pavillion. Special projects to be assigned on an as needed basis.
II. Job Relationships:
Colaborates with the following:
- Center for Breast Care, Manager
- Department of Surgery, Physicians, Staff
- Department of Anesthesia
- All Outpatient Services
- Caritas Physician Network
- CSEMC, All Staff
- Private Practice Staff
Has the authority to acquire, verify and organize patient data for reimbursement purposes.
Has the authority to arrange meetings, seminars, educational sessions and other events on behalf of the Center for Breast Care and/or the WHP and their staffs.
Has the authority to request maintenance, housekeeping, information services and other centralized services for the Center for Breast Care and/or the WHP.
Has the authority to represent hospital policies and processes to staff and department members.
Has the authority to acquire, verify and organize patient data for quality improvement, accreditation activities, scheduling, and records maintenance.
Has the authority to create and implement process, protocols, and systems that relate to front end operations of the Center for Breast Care and WHP in efforts to reduce costs, improve quality, and enhance services to patients.
IV. A. Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
"Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers,
and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards."
Practices and promotes a "patient-centered care model" within administrative standards.
Provides primary fiscal management of all patient insurance and insurance referral data. The principle focus is to ensure that all pending services have appropriate insurance coverage and is reimbursable. It is the expectation that all pending services will be cleared for reimbursement 5 business days prior to the appointment date (unless it was added to the appointment schedule within that time frame).
Review and respond to all insurance rejection and/or claim denial reports for CSEMC and professional billing agencies. The Office Coordinator is responsible for follow through of the recommendations made and achieving denial recovery of those charges. All responsive documentation is to be retained and filed for continual monitoring and follow up.
Maintains IDX referral management program for Center for Breast Care, and attends meetings, collaborates with hospital sources to ensure accurate and proper usage.
Coordination of all office supplies and documents.
Perform all other related or similar duties as required or as requested by the attending-in-charge or the Operations Manager.
Provides for the following front-end operations of Center for Breast Care (primary) and WHP (as needed):
Records management including:
- Creates and maintains the patient's chart, defined as an activity record of all Center for Breast Care and/or WHP visits, procedures, interventions, dictations, and information from outside sources (i.e., attorneys, case managers).
- Coordinates with medical records on the proper storage of original documentation in the
patient's medical record. Obtain original medical requested prior to CBC patient visits
and return of the medical record in a timely manner.
- Files appropriate patient information in a timely manner in the patient's chart.
- Coordinates and schedules Center for Breast Care patients and WHP patients
- Coordinates with admitting and medical records for necessary records/forms etc.
- Coordinates and Schedules related diagnostic studies, and obtains follow-up results.
- Coordinates with primary care physicians for other tests, outside referrals, etc. as needed.
- Insures routine maintenance, housekeeping, and linen services for the Center for Breast Care and Womens Health Pavillion.
- Schedule vendor and manufacturing representatives visits.
Typing/transcription/data entry/facsimile/document/mail distribution:
- Letters as directed.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Research and outcome management data entry as assigned.
- Coping of documents.
- Assembly of informational packets, and other document
- Faxing information as requested.
- Distributes faxes and mail to intended recipients.
Provides primary coverage for CBC as well as secondary phone reception coverage for the WHP including:
- Answering calls and taking messages.
- Distributing and attending to messages approrpriately including scheduling appointments and/or services.
- Obtaining completed referral information on a new and follow-up patients.
- Answering questions about the Center for Breast Care and/or the WHP.
Provides coordination of supplies and documents including:
- Ordering office supplies.
- Ordering forms as requested.
- Center of Excellence project
- Remedy MD project management and implementation
- Database management
- Program Development projects ie compulsive eating group
- QA projects ie post op patient questionaire
- Coordinates special events
- Coordinates CME accredidation
- Data collection for NAPBC
- Participates in role expansion, personal and center development
B. Responsibilities/Non-Essential Functions: Other Duties as assigned
V. Reporting Requirements: Reports to the Operations Manager of the Womens health Pavillion.
VI. Accountability: Is accountable for timely and appropriate completion of all assigned tasks.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Minimum Experience: 1-3 years Administrative Experience in Hospital Setting
Minimum skills/abilities: Computer literacy