Location: Saint Anne's Hospital
Posted Date: 6/25/2021
- Manages daily operations of the Fernandes Center for Children & Families. Ensures effective patient management for all services, coordinates the department, and provides assistance to the Director. The Office Manager is responsible for assisting with the coordination and implementation of all day-to-day operational, administrative, and fiscal departmental processes. The main responsibilities include performing and overseeing all administrative activities, including but not limited to, improving on functions of patient flow, appointment management, registration, cash collection, charge entry, medical records, inventory control and facilities management. The office manager supervises the office staff and is directly responsible for their performance. Serves as an immediate contact for all internal and external customers, including SMG practice manager as well as coordinates physician clinic schedules. Works independently to resolve issues in a timely manner. Interacts with individuals at all levels within the office and the organization. In conjunction with the Director and SMG Practice Manager, creates an effective team, which emphasizes quality management and efficient, cost-effective operations.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
1. Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
2. Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
- Supervises front office staff, including Patient access coordinator and Medical Assistant. Ensures efficiency and productivity with respect to administrative and clinical functions of the office. Daily monitoring of provider and patient activity; allocates resources to necessary tasks and set priorities
- Reports any problems in this area to the Director or SMG Practice Manager immediately
- Responsible for accurate registration, scheduling, confirmation, and billing functions
- Makes recommendations for improvements/enhancements to registration, scheduling, and billing procedures
- Manages the oversight and audit of encounter forms for completeness, accuracy, batching, and prompt distribution to billing
- Responsible for daily oversight and reconciliation of co-payment and cash collection to maintain daily CPN average of 90%
- Triages patient complaints for the office, working with appropriate management personnel to resolve issues that arise
- Responsible for monitoring missing charge reports
- Oversees ordering all necessary supplies and equipment for the practice. Ensures proper invoicing and tracking of receivables.
- The procurement process shall include payment requests, on-line supply ordering, and reconciliation of AP payments.
- Oversees the day-to-day facilities management for the Practice including any repairs, building or maintenance issues. Maintains an optimal physical environment for the office and reports any unsafe conditions, inoperative equipment or other adverse conditions to the Director.
- Oversees office workflow using the electronic health record (Athena/Meditech).
- Complies with all Steward policies and procedures. Uses discretion at all times to ensure patient confidentiality. Conforms to the confidentiality policy of SAH/SMG.
- Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Ability to read, speak, write, and understand the English language.
- Ability to complete mathematical computations required to perform tasks.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work closely and productively with other members of an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to analyze operational issues and solve them creatively.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- High School Diploma, Associates degree preferred
- Experience (Type & Length):
- 5-8 years of experience in a health care setting
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Athena and Meditech experience preferred.
- Ability to speak, read, write, and comprehend the English language fluently required.
- Strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills required.
- In-depth knowledge medical practice operations.
- Experience with an electronic health record within the medical office preferred.
- Knowledge of patient relations, billing systems, and patient flow and scheduling required.
- Knowledge of insurance coverage systems, including but not limited to co-payments, referrals, insurance products required.
- Ability to analyze and solve operational issues independently and creatively required.
- Strong orientation to patient care in accordance with the values of the Steward Health System