OR Scheduling Coordinator- 40hrs/wk day shift
OR Scheduling Coordinator- full-time, day shift, 40 hrs/wk, 8-hour shifts 9a-5:30p
We are fighting for a healthier world and a new era of wellness!
Nearly a decade ago, we set out to build an entirely different kind of health care company from the ground up—one that unlocks access to affordable, high-quality, and economically sustainable care and wellness in ways never imagined. Today, we are one of the largest private, physician-led health care networks—caring for millions of people across the U.S. Our transformative, fully integrated model represents a new beginning for America’s health care system and others around the world.
We have hospitals across 7 states serving over 800 communities, with more than 43,000 employees. We are ushering in a new day of world class health care. From renowned pediatricians, sports medicine specialists and cardiac surgeons to state-of-the-art hospitals, urgent care centers and medical practices, we can offer easier access to high-quality affordable health care to people nationwide — when they need it and where they want it.
St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center, a Boston University Teaching Hospital, provides patients and families access to some of Boston’s most respected physicians and advanced treatments offering specialized care, including:
- Advanced Center for Cardiac Surgery
- da Vinci® Robotic surgery program; Mako Robotic-Arm Assisted Surgery
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Award-winning bariatric surgery program
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute at St. Elizabeth's Medical Center
- State-of-the-art emergency care with short wait times
Our medical staff, made up of some of the highest rated physicians in Boston, treats patients in our community practices in neighborhoods, including Allston, Boston, Brighton, Brookline, Newton, Watertown and Weston.
- Grow with a health system that supports career advancement
- Competitive Pay & Salary Increases
- Employee Referral Program
- Locations close to home, that support work-life balance
- Affordable Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401k via Fidelity, for eligible employees, with company match
- Tuition Assistance / Reimbursement
- Family atmosphere and team approach that provides flexibility
- Opportunities to grow your career, and not change your employer
- And much more!
Job Summary –
The operating Room Scheduling Coordinator is responsible for scheduling surgical procedures for the major operating rooms and Miner-Op Surgical Suite.
This person is also responsible for maintaining the computerized scheduling system and preparing monthly operating room management reports.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Three years experience in medical setting with regular interaction with clinical staff.
- 1-2 years' experience as a surgical scheduler preferred, must have understanding of medical terminology
- Experience with Meditech preferred.
- Good typing and compute skills required.
- Word Processing 30 wpm.
- Familiarity with medical terminology, especially procedural titles.
- Comfort with computer software/hardware/manipulations.
- Obtains all data needed for the booking of a surgical procedure from the physician and/or the physician's office.
- Schedules surgical procedures and communicates information to operating room staff, Admitting and Anesthesia.
- Coordinates scheduling with all ancillary departments that need special notification of a procedure; e.g. Radiology, Ambulatory Surgery, Pathology, etc.
- Communicates with appropriate person(s) when procedures require special equipment.
- Monitors daily schedule for cancellation space available and potential problems to be discussed with charge nurse, anesthesia coordinator, director or Chairman.
- Generates daily operating schedule for distribution.
- Generates daily Minor-Op schedule.
- Uses Lotus program to produce monthly statistical reports.
- Uses De Royal to produce activity reports.
- Maintains communication with physician's offices to facilitate use of hospital systems and communicate procedural changes.
- Acts as support person for operating room computer operations. Performs daily/monthly back-up.
- Enter information into the resident computer program. Runs reports as requested.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic