Orthopedic Care Navigator
Key areas of responsibility
- Performs daily patient rounds during inpatient hospital stay; reinforces patient education regarding disease process and rehabilitation goals.
- Performs post transition outreach to identify problems and provide early intervention.
- In collaboration with other healthcare team members, provides oversight and direction of patient continuous quality improvement metrics, such as: patient experience, falls, re-admissions, percentage of SNF referrals, and other quality metrics. Participates in daily clinical progression rounds and weekly prospective patient rounds.
- Participates in clinical quality care improvement projects and Research, resulting in measured outcomes to optimize the patient experience.
- Provides peri operative education to optimize patient outcomes
- Serves as a liaison between the patient and surgeon, inpatient teams and appropriate outpatient services as determined by patient's clinical needs
- Participates in workshops, seminars and community outreach programs to support and advance the organization's mission.
- Participates in clinical research to support and enhance evidence-based nursing practice.
- Clinically provides support for PM&R clinics and/or patient care as required
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience.
- Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.