Outpatient Clinician Part Time Eves
The Outpatient Clinician assesses patients with Substance Use Disorder (SUD) for continuing recovery needs, participates in the formulation of an interdisciplinary plan of care, makes recovery support recommendations to patients based on their history of use and prior treatment and makes referrals for continued recovery treatment on the outpatient setting.
• Conducts initial counseling psych/social evaluations including strengths, needs, abilities, preference for aftercare, addiction and development and psychiatric history and assessment
• Assists the patient to develop long and short-term goals as part of their individualized treatment plan of care.
• Identifies co-existing conditions and implications for treatment.
• Coordinates care with patients’ other community treatment providers.
• Conducts family meeting sessions.
• Informs patient of treatment process, and aftercare options.
• Identifies resources and refers patient to community service providers including, but not limited to PCP, psychiatric and/or other treatment specialties, on-going Substance Use Disorder treatment, nutritional, financial, employment, etc.
• Facilitates and leads group counseling sessions (approximately 15 patients) utilizing various counseling approaches and formats (didactic, interactive, engagement worksheets) on scheduled addiction topics such as relapse prevention, self-help, triggers, feelings, denial, and stress management.
• Participates in group topic programming to maintain up to date and relevant information.
• Maintains accurate patient attendance records.
• Performs patient drug screen collection according to Steward policy.
• Identifies and completes all necessary Releases of Information to complete aftercare arrangements in accordance with Steward policy and Federal/State law.
• Develops a support plan for each patient including education and identification of local self-help meetings.
• Provides continuing assessment and appropriateness for treatment.
• Advocates for patient rights.
• Adheres to policies regarding confidentiality.
• Participates as a member of an interdisciplinary team to manage patient crisis.
• Demonstrates thorough knowledge of mandatory reporting and legal procedures to protect client and others.
• Provides Case Management services including treatment planning, insurance reviews and aftercare arrangements.
• Complies with policies/guidelines of Steward Morton Hospital.
• Maintains confidentiality of patient information.
• Maintains Professional Boundaries with patients.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Management of Time and Resources:
• Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame.
• Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
• Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
• Is reliable in respect to attendance and punctuality.
• Recognizes the importance of team efforts and partners with others to achieve positive outcomes.
• Participates as a member of the healthcare team to ensure quality services.
• Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed.
• Attends Staff Meetings
• Offers creative solutions or alternatives to issues or concerns.
• Continually strives to improve the quality of work by participating in the Quality Improvement activities for the department.
• Responsible for ongoing development of his/her work skills using available resources (i.e.: Steward University, in services, formal educational programs, other work groups and on-the-job training).
• Assists in the orientation of others and actively participates in mentoring.
• Recognizes and seeks assistance/consultation when appropriate.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS:
• Is cooperative in interactions, treating customers with courtesy, respect and compassion.
• Is patient when responding to questions and answers questions appropriately.
• Responds to requests in a timely manner.
• Handles interruptions in a skillful way.
• Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
• Strives to prevent/resolve customer concerns to the customer’s satisfaction.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• ASAM Patient Placement Criteria
• 12 Core Functions of the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor
• Knowledge of Joint Commission, MA DPH and BSAS regulatory requirements.
• 42 CFR – Part 2 law governing patient confidentiality in Substance Use Disorder Treatment Programs.
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Services, Counseling, Psychology, Social Work or related field required.
• Master's Degree preferred.
• Two (2) years of Substance Use Disorder counseling required.
• Advanced certification (CADAC) preferred.
• Independent license (LICSW, LADAC) preferred.
• Basic computer skills required.
• Experience with EMR, particularly Meditech, preferred.