Outpatient Coder - REMOTE
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
The Outpatient Emergency Room coder shall review hospital outpatient medical documentation to assign, sequence, edit and/or validate the appropriate ICD-10-CM, CPT, HCPCS codes. The Outpatient Emergency Room coder shall also abstract for facility E/M levels and Charges for all relevant procedures performed in the ED including coding Injections and Infusions.
(Use bullets for specific responsibilities)
• Coding Technical Skills that include CPT, HCPCS, ICD-10-CM
• ED Coding skills to include facility E/M levels, Charging & Coding Injections & Infusions & Modifiers
• In depth knowledge of front-end coding edits and an understanding of the NCCI guidelines as it applies to all OP edits as well as modifier application
• Experience with charge validation with departmental charges.
• Ability to perform coding across multiple locations based on corporate management need
• Technology skills to adapt to multiple applications used within the organization
• Candidate must display a superior knowledge of Coding Guidelines (Coding Clinic, UHDDS Official Coding Guidelines, CCI Edits).
• Analytical Skills that include effective evaluation, synthesis and use of information gathered
• Ability to maintain 95% or greater accuracy rate
• Knowledge of physician query in an outpatient setting
• Ability to respond to coding issues specific to Outpatient Coding
• Candidate must have experience with 3M and/or 3M360 encompass
• Candidate must be self-motivated, display a high level of computer literacy, excellent verbal, and written communication skills, able to meet assigned deadlines, and organized
• The position will report to the HIM Outpatient Coding Manager
• Ability to meet coding productivity standards
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
(Examples: Ability to work independently and take initiative; Good judgment and problem solving skills; Communication skills; Interpersonal and organizational skills; Level of confidentiality)
• Minimum 1-2 years in Emergency Room Coding Experience required.
• Comprehensive understanding of UHDDS guidelines, CCI Edits, Coding Clinic, etc.
• Meditech experience required
• Microsoft Office (Word, One Note, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to meet assigned deadlines.
I. Education: Associate degree preferred
II. Experience: 3 years of general outpatient coding in acute care setting.
III. Certification/Licensure: CCS and/or CPC certification
IV. Software/Hardware: 3M experienced required, Meditech experience preferred
V. Other: Remote position
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 124771