PACU RN, Per Diem REQ 26788
Location: Holy Family Hospital
Posted Date: 4/21/2020
Must be available to work a minimum of three (3) eight hour shifts per calendar quarter
Must be available to work a minimum of two weekend shifts per month
Must be available to work at least one major holiday between October and April and another major holiday between May and September
This position is covered by the MNA Collective Bargaining Agreement
Registered Nurse needed for PACU, recovery room
- Systematically assesses, monitors, and accurately documents post-anesthesia patient functions.
- Indicates which areas require further observation and intervention for respiratory, cardiovascular, neuromuscular, thermoregulatory, and renal systems in addition to the state of consciousness and fluid/electrolyte balance.
- Assesses and documents patient's immediate post-operative pain and management to include type of medication, time, dose, route, and response.
- Provides optimal continuity of post-operative patient care by planning for the patient's needs immediately post-op and continuously through observation and evaluation or when change occurs in any of the categories during the patient's recovery period.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing, licensed in Massachusetts.
- Minimum of one year Post Anesthesia, Recovery Room nursing or equivalent.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.