Location: Steward Health Care
Posted Date: 5/12/2022
The paralegal will oversee, manage, and perform a wide range of support activities for the Legal department to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization. This paralegal will maintain project files, track and monitor legal projects and subpoenas. In addition, this Paralegal will assist with the management of OnBase which would include adding new vendors to the system and confirming documents for legal review.
- Primary responsibility will maintain project files, track and monitor legal projects and subpoenas.
- Will assist with the management of OnBase which would include adding new vendors to the system and confirming documents for legal review.
- Prepares appropriate responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries within email.
- Will assist with the coordination and retrieves corporate organizational documents, records, and reports as needed.
- Creates and modifies documents such as invoices, spreadsheets, database reports, memos, and letters using the appropriate applications.
- Conducts research and compiles data as requested.
- Serves as liaison among other divisions, and other administrative support staff.
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of client, staff, and agency information.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
1. Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
2. Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Is versed in, and stays current with, knowledge of general corporate law; health care and hospital system operations, legal and regulatory issues.
- Uses PowerPoint, MS Word, Excel, and other programs in preparation of correspondence, documents and/or presentations; efficiently creates charts, graphs, tables, and text slides; responsible for formatting consistency and accuracy on time-sensitive, high-profile documents.
- Works independently to manage timing and action plans for completing department functions and preparing correspondence, reports and other documents ahead of need.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in a health care law firm or health care corporate legal department is highly preferred.
- Education: Bachelor's degree required.
- Experience: 2-3 years of relevant experience.
- Certification/Licensure: Paralegal certificate preferred.
- Software/Hardware: Microsoft Office suite.
- Other: N/A