Paramedic ER - Night Shift 7pm - 7am
Participates and fully engaged in the delivery of direct patient care under the direction of the Emergency Department Medical Doctors and in cooperation with the registered nurses in this department. The ability to perform phlebotomy and ensure the accurate labeling of specimens per policy. The ability to apply orthopedic splints and appliances under the supervision of the departments Medical personnel along with performing wound care and the application of dressings as ordered. The medic is also expected to assist with the triage process, obtain IV access and perform quality EKG’s as required. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, LICENSE AND CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Tecnicial School 2 years or 1 year of college
- Current / Active Texas Paramedic License (PMD) - no exception
- American Red Cross OR American Heart Association Basic Life Support CPR (BLS)
- American Red Cross OR American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- American Red Cross OR American Heart Association Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS
SPECIALIZED SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Ability to gather clinical data and document, i.e. BP, T, H.R, Resp..
- Computer skills
- Rhythm recognition/interruption
- Splinting and immobilization skills required
- Strong communication skills