Paramedic - Full Time
At Trumbull Regional Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
Responsible to Trumbull Regional Medical Center for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to Nursing Department for supporting the nursing philosophy and providing high quality, cost-effective comprehensive patient care. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service. Provides a supporting role to the Registered Nurse.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Performs all skills on the Paramedic checklist.
- Performs as an orthopedic resource/ equipment liaison for the Emergency department.
- Under direction of Registered Nurse, provides high-quality, cost-effective patient care interdependently.
- Collects, transports, stores and/ or disposes of refuse related materials safely.
- Transport equipment, specimens, and supplies as needed.
- Transport patients according to transport criteria.
- Stock supplies in the patient care area.
- Provides Respiratory support as directed by the Registered Nurse.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate from an accredited Paramedic training program required. Previous experience on this or related jobs in a hospital or healthcare facility preferred.
- Current certification by the State of Ohio as a paramedic required.
- Certification in Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Pediatric Advanced Life Support by the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross required. BTLS or PHTLS preferred.
- Broad knowledge in professional area. Skill and abilities related to phlebotomy and performing ECG required. Knowledge of regulatory, legislative and The Joint Commission standards related to healthcare.
Important COVID message
Please note, Trumbull Regional Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.