Patient Access Coord II
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Ensures the integrity of all data collected at time of registration to ensure accurate patient identification, help ensure patient safety collects and/or facilitates accurate and timely payment for services provided, and delivers superior customer service to internal and external customers
- Greets, receives and escorts patients as required and consistent with customer service guidelines
- Collects and verifies patient demographic, insurance eligibility, and financial information/responsibility and accurately documents in hospital computer system(s)
- Responsible for consistent and accurate use and execution of department SOP’s (established operating procedures) and supporting tools, software, websites
- Identifies current and prior patient responsible balances, educates patients on their financial responsibilities, and collects same
- Screens self pay patients, identifies potential solution(s), and facilitates solution application process (manual and/or electronic) or patient payment as appropriate
- Interviews patients bedside as needed to facilitate timely and effective solutions (ED only)
- Assists patients in establishing secured installments plans when applicable
- Ensures all hospital and regulatory requirements are met (including, but not limited to, signatures, distributing patient rights, health care proxies, HIPAA requirements etc.)
- Ensures completion of registration paperwork to facilitate efficient patient flow
- Meets performance standards established by Patient Access leadership, including but not limited to: quality, collections, customer service, screening/solution rates, productivity)
- Delivers exemplary customer service for patients in accordance with hospital expectations / guidelines
- Works effectively with patient access peers and other hospital departments
- Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Aptitude for / familiarity with patient access tools, systems, and technologies
- Excellent customer service/communications skills.
- Comfortable with collection process
- Comfortable with securing solutions for uninsured patients
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology preferred
- Proven ability and/or expressed willingness to work as part of a team
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience: 1-2 years experience in a hospital/clinic/physician office or related field preferred
- Software/Hardware: General comfort with computer systems / software applications
Equal Opportunity Employer
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.