Location: Saint Anne's Hospital
Posted Date: 11/11/2020
Ensures the integrity of all data collected at time of registration to ensure accurate patient identification, help ensure patient safety collects and/or facilitates accurate and timely payment for services provided, and delivers superior customer service to internal and external customers.
- Greets, receives and escorts patients as required and consistent with customer service guidelines
- Collects and verifies patient demographic, insurance eligibility, and financial information/responsibility and accurately documents in hospital computer system(s)
- Responsible for consistent and accurate use and execution of department SOP’s (established operating procedures) and supporting tools, software, websites
- Identifies current and prior patient responsible balances, educates patients on their financial responsibilities, and collects same
- Screens self pay patients, identifies potential solution(s), and facilitates solution application process (manual and/or electronic) or patient payment as appropriate
- Interviews patients bedside as needed to facilitate timely and effective solutions (ED only)
- Assists patients in establishing secured installments plans when applicable
- Ensures all hospital and regulatory requirements are met (including, but not limited to, signatures, distributing patient rights, health care proxies, HIPAA requirements etc.)
- Ensures completion of registration paperwork to facilitate efficient patient flow
- Meets performance standards established by Patient Access leadership, including but not limited to: quality, collections, customer service, screening/solution rates, productivity)
- Delivers exemplary customer service for patients in accordance with hospital expectations / guidelines
- Works effectively with patient access peers and other hospital departments
- Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Aptitude for / familiarity with patient access tools, systems, and technologies
- Excellent customer service/communications skills.
- Comfortable with collection process
- Comfortable with securing solutions for uninsured patients
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology preferred.
- Proven ability and/or expressed willingness to work as part of a team
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience: 1-2 years experience in a hospital/clinic/physician office or related field preferred
- Software/Hardware: General comfort with computer systems / software applications