Patient Access Coordinator - 32 hrs per week $16.37 - $24.32
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
Union Benefits to help you live well!
- Low cost Medical/Prescription Drug Insurance through BCBS
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k via Fidelity for eligible employees with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Worldwide Travel Assistance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Auto and Home Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
Salary range for this position: $16.37/hr -$24.32/hr based on relevant years of experience. Salary placement is determined by the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between Carney Hospital and 1199SEIU.
The hours for this position are 32 Hours per week (11:30 AM - 7:30 PM)
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Welcomes patients, visitors and escorts patients as necessary and consistent with customer service guidelines.
- Verifies patient’s identification and accurately assigns/identifies Medical Record.
- Collect and verify all patient demographic, insurance eligibility, financial responsibility and enters it into the hospital computer system(s) in a timely manner to facilitate patient flow.
- Interviews patients at bedside as needed to facilitate timely and effective solutions.
- Educate patients on financial responsibilities, identify self-pay patients and potential solutions. Identify and collect all residuals via supporting tools and/or payment plans.
- Responsible for consistent knowledge and accurate use and execution of the hospital policies and departments SOP (standard operating procedures), supporting tools, software and websites.
- Ensures all hospital and regulatory requirements are met (including but not limited to: consents/signatures, distribution of patient rights; health care proxies, HIPAA, ABN’s, etc.)
- Meets performance standards established by Patient Access and Hospital leadership, including but not limited to registration quality, collections, confidentiality and customer service.
- Works effectively with fellow co-workers within Patient Access and all other hospital departments.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to work in a face paced always changing environment
- Establishes and maintains effective working environment
- 3rd party and managed care knowledge
- Medical terminology
Education and Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- One to two years of relevant experience preferred
- Excel, Microsoft, competence in navigating computer/software applications and ability to type quickly and accurately.
Important COVID message
Please note, Carney Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.