Patient Access Coordinator I- Per Diem
Patient Access Coordinator I – Per Diem
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, we set out to build an entirely different kind of health care company from the ground up—one that unlocks access to affordable, high-quality, and economically sustainable care and wellness in ways never imagined. Today, we are one of the largest private, physician-led health care networks—caring for millions of people across the U.S. Our transformative, fully integrated model represents a new beginning for America’s health care system and others around the world.
We have hospitals across 7 states serving over 800 communities, with more than 43,000 employees. We are ushering in a new day of world class health care. From renowned pediatricians, sports medicine specialists and cardiac surgeons to state-of-the-art hospitals, urgent care centers and medical practices, we can offer easier access to high-quality affordable health care to people nationwide — when they need it and where they want it.
St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center, a Boston University Teaching Hospital, provides patients and families access to some of Boston’s most respected physicians and advanced treatments offering specialized care, including:
· Advanced Center for Cardiac Surgery
· da Vinci® Robotic surgery program; Mako Robotic-Arm Assisted Surgery
· Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
· Award-winning bariatric surgery program
· Dana-Farber Cancer Institute at St. Elizabeth's Medical Center
· State-of-the-art emergency care with short wait times.
Our medical staff, made up of some of the highest rated physicians in Boston, treats patients in our community practices in neighborhoods, including Allston, Boston, Brighton, Brookline, Newton, Watertown and Weston.
· Grow with a health system that supports career advancement
· Competitive Pay & Salary Increases
· Employee Referral Program
· Locations close to home, that support work-life balance
· Affordable Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
· 401k via Fidelity, for eligible employees, with company match
· Tuition Assistance / Reimbursement
· Family atmosphere and team approach that provides flexibility
· Opportunities to grow your career, and not change your employer
· And much more!
Customer service liaison for the first impression of the medical center. Greets patients, accurately obtains all demographical information, obtains all regulatory data(HIPPA, Medicare, Mass Pro, JACHO, DPH, Emtala, Subscriber, Health Care Proxy), obtains appropriate signatures from patients along with providing patients with regulatory paperwork. Assures eligibility of insurance date along with collection of copays. Identifies the patient correctly through the EMPI search, and re verifies with patient including re-verification when bracelet is put on patient. Prints appropriate paperwork and escorts patient to location. Answers telephones, works on quality checks of registrations. Assists all hospital departments in facilitating the accurate registration of patients in order for areas to be able to do their job functions. Handles day to day bed placement including scheduled, urgent and emergency admission functions of admitting, transferring, discharging, including all death procedures. Works closely with scheduling and precertification areas within Patient Access.
- high school diploma / college preferred.
- 2-4 years in a health care setting with medical terminology and registration/check in experience is required. Insurance knowledge preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Obtains accurate patient information and enters into the Meditech computer system
- Chooses correct medical record number
- Verifies and updates all demographical information/date of birth-address-maiden name-social security number
- Verifies and updates all insurance information
- accurate reason for visit
- accurate physicians-primary care-attending-referring
- accurate locations and status
- accurate services
- accurate occurrence codes
- Obtains all regulatory data
- Health Care Proxy/advance directives
- HIPAA Notices
- Medicare secondary payer questions
- Medicare rights/secure horizon/blue cross 65/secure horizons race and ethnic background
- Obtains accurate insurance information according to policies
- obtains accurate insurance name/address/telephone number and identification number
- checks eligibility for several insurances according to policies
- verifies insurance in the computer
- Obtains signatures according to policies
- General consent of treatment
- Hippa receipt of privacy notice
- Financial releases
- Checks quality of own registrations daily
- Runs revenue log daily- corrects and passes into assigned lead
- Assigns beds for patients according to service and diagnosis
- Keeps current census and accurate admission log
- Performs transfers and activations in a timely manner
- Shows respect for confidentiality at all times
- Answers phones with name and department within 3 rings
- Knows all down time procedures
- Is knowledgeable on death process
- obtains report of death
- fills out organ bank sheet and reports death to organ bank (except for ED)
- fills out death certificate
- fills out death log
- Cross trains to several different areas of Patient Access registration
- Assumes Patient Access front desk responsibilities as needed
- Follows all departmental policies and procedures
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.