Patient Access Coordinator II
PT Access Coordinator II - Full Time, Night Shift 10p-6:30a, 40/hrs/wk, Wks/Holidays -No
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, we set out to build an entirely different kind of health care company from the ground up—one that unlocks access to affordable, high-quality, and economically sustainable care and wellness in ways never imagined. Today, we are one of the largest private, physician-led health care networks—caring for millions of people across the U.S. Our transformative, fully integrated model represents a new beginning for America’s health care system and others around the world.
We have hospitals across 7 states serving over 800 communities, with more than 43,000 employees. We are ushering in a new day of world class health care. From renowned pediatricians, sports medicine specialists and cardiac surgeons to state-of-the-art hospitals, urgent care centers and medical practices, we can offer easier access to high-quality affordable health care to people nationwide — when they need it and where they want it.
St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center, a Boston University Teaching Hospital, provides patients and families access to some of Boston’s most respected physicians and advanced treatments offering specialized care, including:
· Advanced Center for Cardiac Surgery
· da Vinci® Robotic surgery program; Mako Robotic-Arm Assisted Surgery
· Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
· Award-winning bariatric surgery program
· Dana-Farber Cancer Institute at St. Elizabeth's Medical Center
· State-of-the-art emergency care with short wait times.
Our medical staff, made up of some of the highest rated physicians in Boston, treats patients in our community practices in neighborhoods, including Allston, Boston, Brighton, Brookline, Newton, Watertown and Weston.
· Grow with a health system that supports career advancement
· Competitive Pay & Salary Increases
· Employee Referral Program
· Locations close to home, that support work-life balance
· Affordable Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
· 401k via Fidelity, for eligible employees, with company match
· Tuition Assistance / Reimbursement
· Family atmosphere and team approach that provides flexibility
· Opportunities to grow your career, and not change your employer
· And much more!
- Works in one of the 3 patient access areas, scheduling, registration and precertification and cross trains to the other two areas
- Responsible for accurate booking/scheduling, demographical information, insurance requirements and regulatory requirements.
- Improves the revenue cycle with front end processes such as insurance verification, referral, precertification and co pay/ self pay
- collection before or at the point of service. Quality of work is checked daily through revenue improvement logs. Excels at all aspects of customer service.
- Care Management
- Medical Records
- Patient Information
- All in patient and outpatient locations in the medical center
- Physician offices
- high school diploma / college preferred
- 1 year in Patient Access
- Excellent customer service/communication skills
Training is done on all systems to accomplish your job requirements: Meditech/Nehen/ Web MD/IDX
- Attends staff meetings and reads email to keep up to date with changes
- Takes competency tests as needed
- Attends safety training yearly
- works with trainer to enhance job performance
- Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards."
- Greeting patients/ answering phones/Confidentiality Policies are followed/HIPAA
- Schedules appoints/ books beds/ transfers
- Patient communications/physician offices/medical center internal and external
- Account communication: to complete revenue cycle: scheduling/registration/precertification/medical records/billing
- work as a team to complete revenue cycle: helping with any task that assures the bill goes our accurately
- Insurance verification/eligibility: assures all patient's insurance is active and verified according to criteria
- ABN's: Uses Iatric system to assure patient's test that is ordered meets medical necessity
- Referrals: Assures patient has referral number in system according to criteria
- Pre-Authorization: Assures all episodes of care that require pre-certification it is obtained according to payor requirements
- Payor Requirements: learn payor requirements and adhere to them from point of booking through precertification and registration
- Self Pay Collections: identify pre appointment (scheduled) day of appointment (ED/addons) for up front collections for copayments and deductibles. Collect.
- Regulatory Requirements: Learn and comply with all regulatory requirements for scheduling/registration and precertification
Accurate data: assure all aspects of data are accurate:
- Physician Names /attending/admitting/primary care
- Reason for visit
- Admission status
- Admission priority
- Admission service
- occurrence codes
- Registration status
Quality Checks and monitoring: assure daily work is checked for accuracy daily and measurement tools in place to monitor
- Revenue Enhancement Log - ran and checked daily
- Check lists: daily tasks that need to be done in each area as a team are completed
- Schedules are checked for accuracy/ arranged for patients arrival
- Follow up is done on all schedules/registration/precertification according to policies and regulations
- Follows all departmental and medical center policies
- Attendance Guidelines
- Request for time off and sick time policies
- Dress code
- Reads and understands departmental policies
- Leads, supervisors and managers of patient access department
- Administrative Director of Patient Access
Steward Health Care is proud to be a minority, physician owned organization. Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are at the foundation of the care we provide, the community services we support and all our employment practices. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.