Patient Access Coordinator
This Job is located at the Saint Anne’s Hospital Southern New England Surgery Center – SNESC, in Attleboro MA.
A service of Saint Anne’s Hospital in Fall River, the center provides high-quality surgical care and a wide variety of minimally invasive surgical options in specialties that include colorectal surgery, gastroenterology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pain management, plastic surgery, podiatry, spine surgery, and urology. Our state-of-the-art anesthesia care reduces patients’ post-surgical pain and discomfort and speeds recovery. Together, our team is committed to providing superior, personalized patient care.
The center features a team of more than 40 board-certified surgeons, plus anesthesiologists, registered nurses and surgical technicians. Together, they perform more than 9,000 surgical procedures annually. Some of the most common procedures include endoscopies (e.g., colonoscopy), orthopedic procedures (e.g., arthroscopy), minimally invasive spine surgery, hernia repair, ankle and foot procedures, and a variety of biopsies (e.g., bone, bladder, colon, muscle, prostate, etc.).
Ensures the integrity of all data collected at time of registration to ensure accurate patient identification, help ensure patient safety collects and/or facilitates accurate and timely payment for services provided, and delivers superior customer service to internal and external customers.
• Greets, receives and escorts patients as required and consistent with customer service guidelines
• Collects and verifies patient demographic, insurance eligibility, and financial information/responsibility and accurately documents in hospital computer system(s)
• Responsible for consistent and accurate use and execution of department SOP’s (established operating procedures) and supporting tools, software, websites
• Identifies current and prior patient responsible balances, educates patients on their financial responsibilities, and collects same
• Screens self pay patients, identifies potential solution(s), and facilitates solution application process (manual and/or electronic) or patient payment as appropriate
• Interviews patients bedside as needed to facilitate timely and effective solutions (ED only)
• Assists patients in establishing secured installments plans when applicable
• Ensures all hospital and regulatory requirements are met (including, but not limited to, signatures, distributing patient rights, health care proxies, HIPAA requirements etc.)
• Ensures completion of registration paperwork to facilitate efficient patient flow
• Meets performance standards established by Patient Access leadership, including but not limited to: quality, collections, customer service, screening/solution rates, productivity)
• Delivers exemplary customer service for patients in accordance with hospital expectations / guidelines
• Works effectively with patient access peers and other hospital departments
• Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Aptitude for / familiarity with patient access tools, systems, and technologies
• Excellent customer service/communications skills.
• Comfortable with collection process
• Comfortable with securing solutions for uninsured patients
• Knowledge of Medical Terminology preferred.
• Proven ability and/or expressed willingness to work as part of a team
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: 1-2 years experience in a hospital/clinic/physician office or related field preferred
Software/Hardware: General comfort with computer systems / software applications
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 124155