Patient Access Rep -Main Admin, Patient Access, Full Time, Day shift
Responsible for effectively processing patient registrations by verifying, updating and collecting demographic and financial data for all applicable departments within the hospital.
- Greet and direct patients and visitors to appropriate nursing units and departments.
- Obtain, verify and update all patient demographic and regulatory data, utilizing a variety of tools, software and websites.
- Educate patients on financial responsibility and potential solutions.
- Obtain signatures and distributes forms including: General Consent, Patient Rights, NoPP, IMM, COB, ABN, etc.)
- Responsible for knowledge and accurate use and execution of policies and procedures, supporting tools, software and websites.
- Responsible for knowledge and accurate use of CMS guidelines including: HIPAA, EMTALA, MSP, etc.
- Works effectively with fellow co-workers and all other hospital departments.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
- Meets performance standards established by leadership, including but not limited to registration quality, point of service collections, confidentiality and customer service.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to discuss and collect patient financial responsibility
- Ability to work within various environments including: Emergency Dept, Central Reg, Bedside Reg, etc.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and multi-task
- Medical terminology and/or insurance knowledge
- Bilingual; Spanish-speaking preferred.
- Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent Required
- Experience: 1-2 years of relevant experience preferred
- Software/Hardware: Microsoft Office and/or Medical Systems (e.g., Meditech)
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 129547