Patient Access Rep, Patient Access Dept, Full Time, Flex Shift
Responsible for effectively processing patient registrations by verifying, updating and collecting demographic and financial data for all applicable departments within the hospital.
- Greet and direct patients and visitors to appropriate nursing units and departments.
- Obtain, verify and update all patient demographic and regulatory data, utilizing a variety of tools, software and websites.
- Educate patients on financial responsibility and potential solutions.
- Obtain signatures and distributes forms including: General Consent, Patient Rights, NoPP, IMM, COB, ABN, etc.)
- Responsible for knowledge and accurate use and execution of policies and procedures, supporting tools, software and websites.
- Responsible for knowledge and accurate use of CMS guidelines including: HIPAA, EMTALA, MSP, etc.
- Works effectively with fellow co-workers and all other hospital departments.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
- Meets performance standards established by leadership, including but not limited to registration quality, point of service collections, confidentiality and customer service.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to discuss and collect patient financial responsibility
- Ability to work within various environments including: Emergency Dept, Central Reg, Bedside Reg, etc.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and multi-task
- Medical terminology and/or insurance knowledge
- Bilingual; Spanish-speaking preferred.
- Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent Required
- Experience: 1-2 years of relevant experience preferred
- Software/Hardware: Microsoft Office and/or Medical Systems (e.g., Meditech)