Patient Access Rep, Patient Access -ER, Full Time, Nights
Location: Palmetto General Hospital
Posted Date: 2/20/2023
Responsible for effectively processing patient registrations by verifying, updating and collecting demographic and financial data for all applicable departments within the hospital.
- Greet and direct patients and visitors to appropriate nursing units and departments.
- Obtain, verify and update all patient demographic and regulatory data, utilizing a variety of tools, software and websites.
- Educate patients on financial responsibility and potential solutions.
- Obtain signatures and distributes forms including: General Consent, Patient Rights, NoPP, IMM, COB, ABN, etc.)
- Responsible for knowledge and accurate use and execution of policies and procedures, supporting tools, software and websites.
- Responsible for knowledge and accurate use of CMS guidelines including: HIPAA, EMTALA, MSP, etc.
- Works effectively with fellow co-workers and all other hospital departments.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
- Meets performance standards established by leadership, including but not limited to registration quality, point of service collections, confidentiality and customer service.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to discuss and collect patient financial responsibility
- Ability to work within various environments including: Emergency Dept, Central Reg, Bedside Reg, etc.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and multi-task
- Medical terminology and/or insurance knowledge
- Bilingual; Spanish-speaking preferred.
- Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent Required
- Experience: 1-2 years of relevant experience preferred
- Software/Hardware: Microsoft Office and/or Medical Systems (e.g., Meditech)
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 123116