Patient Care Director - Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
Position Summary: The Director oversees the inpatient and outpatient clinical and administrative operations of the department of psychiatry. Such services include: Adolescent Inpatient Unit, Adult Inpatient Unit, Older Adult Inpatient Unit, Acute Partial Hospital Program, Outpatient Clinic, and Psychiatric Administration.
- The Patient Care Director also consults with the Emergency department for the care of patient with psychiatric and substance abuse disabilities.
- In collaboration with the Chair of Psychiatry, the Patient Care Director ensures that the Psychiatric Consultation Service operates according to the needs of the Organization.
- The Patient Care Director is a key management/leadership position within the Organization and operationalizes the core values of the Organization by promoting patient centered care.
- The Director has twenty four hour responsibility/accountability for the Department of Psychiatry.
- Patient care outcomes are the result of interdisciplinary collaboration coordinated by the Director.
- The Patient Care Director is a key leader in moving the Department of Psychiatry towards a Patient-Centered Model following Recovery Principles.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
- Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards.
- Guides the Department towards a Patient-Centered Model of Care through implementation of Recovery Principles.
- Monitors and analyzes trends involving census, acuity, staff resources and changes in patient population and recommends budgets for areas of assigned responsibility.
- Based on analysis, develops variance reports, corrective action plans and data needed to project future budgetary needs.
- Develops business plans for new clinical programs and market strategy for each specialty.
- In collaboration with department directors, designs and supports Division goals and objectives which reflect the philosophy and mission of the Organization.
- Serves on department and organization committees, task forces and work groups on a voluntary and appointed basis through active participation and follow through on project work.
- Participates in Joint Commission and regulatory agencies accreditation processes.
- Collaboratively develops, maintains and evaluates standards of practice, departmental policies and procedures.
- Provides leadership to clinical staff regarding resource allocation, clinical decision making, and conflict management.
- Acts as a consultant to other disciplines relative to patient care management.
- Collaborates with Chair of Psychiatry in measuring physician productivity.
- Collaborates effectively with other department managers, administrative personnel and physicians in accordance with the Organization’s mission and values.
- Collaborates with the Nurse Educators, for maintaining a level of staff competency and performance based on the standards and outcomes for patients.
- Utilizes procedures as defined by Human Resources, and related departments to provide counseling, disciplinary action and/or termination.
- Creates a climate to assist staff in identifying individual strengths and areas of learning to support staff professional growth
- Collaborates with all disciplines in planning, operationalizing and evaluating programs related to patient care.
- Designs, implements and evaluates systems to maintain and improve care, patient/family satisfaction, cost effectiveness, and staff satisfaction.
- Acts as a liaison to community mental health providers, advocacy groups and outside agencies to meet community mental health needs.
- Reports to the Chief Nursing Officer/VP of Patient Care Services.
- Develops and presents Performance Improvement activities.
- Reports serious incidents and/or severe breaches in quality of care to the Department of Risk Management, the CNO/VP of Patient Care Services, and Chair of the Department of Psychiatry.
- Shall be accountable for unit operations within the approved operating and capital budgets.
- Shall be accountable for maintaining the confidentiality and security of all Organization-related, Medical Staff-related, and patient related data and information.
- Shall be accountable for abiding by all relevant Organization Policies and Procedures.
- Shall be accountable for operating the Nursing Division in accordance with applicable State and Federal Regulations, and standard-setting organizations.
- Shall be accountable for patient care provided on the assigned Nursing units
- Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage expense budget as allocated.
- Ability to make formal presentations relative to clinical, operational, educational research and financial issues.
Masters degree in Nursing required
Masters degree in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing preferred
Certification in specialty preferred
Demonstrate knowledge of patient care in a psychiatric and substance abuse setting.
Ability to problem-solve and work collaboratively towards defined patient care outcomes.
Management or leadership experience required.
Experience with billing, revenue capture, and insurance denials and appeals preferred.
Certification/Licensure: Current license to practice Nursing in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Must obtain 15 hours of Continuing Education annually to maintain license.
Training in Performance Improvement, total Quality Management, and/or Continuous Quality Improvement.
Important COVID message
Please note, Carney Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.