Patient Care Director MORCAP (Level 4 Detox Unit)
About Steward Health Care
Nearly a decade ago, Steward Health Care System emerged as a different kind of health care company designed to usher in a new era of wellness. One that provides our patients better, more proactive care at a sustainable cost, our providers unrivaled coordination of care, and our communities greater prosperity and stability.
As the country’s largest physician-led, tax paying, integrated health care system, our doctors can be certain that we share their interests and those of their patients. Together we are on a mission to revolutionize the way health care is delivered - creating healthier lives, thriving communities and a better world.
Steward is among the nation’s largest and most successful accountable care organizations (ACO), with more than 5,500 providers and 43,000 health care professionals who care for 12.3 million patients a year through a closely integrated network of hospitals, multispecialty medical groups, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities and behavioral health centers.
Based in Dallas, Steward currently operates 39 hospitals across Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
For more information, visit www.steward.org.
***Patient Care Director MORCAP (Level 4 Detox Unit) Full Time
Twenty-four (24) hour responsibility/accountability for operation of nursing unit(s). In collaboration with the COO, evaluates the delivery of patient care using the organization’s quality metrics, monitors and reports trends in patient population/acuity and manages human resources accordingly for MORCAP and IOP. Designs, implements and evaluates innovative systems that support efficient delivery of patient care, develops and adheres to approved budget, assesses staff competence and educational needs in relation to changing patient needs via clinical pertinence, medical record review, patient and family visits, physician feedback and periodic visits to off-shifts.
• Provides direction to Behavioral Health leadership on departmental objectives as well as the objectives of Morton Hospital and Medical Center. Participates in the formulation, implementation and monitoring of departmental goals
Ensures daily operations on the unit are met. Coordinates departmental workflow with all team members to ensure safe, effective and efficient work processing.
• Participates in the formulation and implementation of Performance Improvement initiatives • Assess and develops appropriate training and resources to staff
• Participates in the assessment of the department as well as individual educational needs. Plan programs/in-services to meet staff needs. Serve as an expert in the area of specific unit competencies, maintains clinical competencies for assigned clinical areas
• Works collaboratively with physicians to maintain effective operations and high quality services • Interface with patients and families to ensure that care is consistent with their expectations
• Serves as a professional role model and mentor to staff by responding positively to change while supporting colleagues through the change process
• Oversees various personnel actions including but not limited to hiring, performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, and other related activities
• Prepares operating and capital budget, meets or is under expense targets and revenue projections
Decision Making/Critical Thinking
Creativity and Initiative
Planning and Development
Management of Time and Resources
Accepts responsibility for all work performed and takes appropriate corrective action as needed.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS:
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Important COVID message
Please note, Morton Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 125467