Patient Care Director
24 hour responsibility/accountability for operation of unit(s). In collaboration with the Administrator, evaluates the quality of patient care using TQM principles and tools, monitors and reports trends in patient population/acuity and manages human resources accordingly. Designs, implements and evaluates innovative systems that support efficient delivery of patient care, adheres to approved budget, assesses staff competence and educational needs in relation to changing patient needs via clinical pertinence, medical record review, patient and family visits, and physician feedback. Responsible for coordinating patient care and daily operations of all clinical area’s. The Director is responsible for hiring, orienting, and scheduling staff. The Patient Care Director participates in activities to achieve clinical, financial and organizational outcomes.
- Ability to make sound judgments based on evidence based nursing practice
- Ability to assess, prioritize, plan and implement direct patient care
- Knowledge of ASPAN, AORN and JACHO standards and practice recommendations
- Education: BS in Nursing or related field preferred.
- Experience 1-5 years in a management position and critical care experience preferred. Demonstrated knowledge of clinical and professional practice issues and processes.
- Certification/Licensure: Massachusetts Nursing licsence. BLS and ACLS required.
- Software/Hardware: Experience with Meditech, Athena and Provation or similar programs a plus