Patient Care Tech
At Sharon Regional Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion, and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making of every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and ever referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Patient Care Technicians (PCTs) are vital partners in patient care. PCT’s work on patient care units and perform a variety of important basic and advanced skills. They work closely and continuously with patients, partnering with nurses and other professionals, to make a big difference in how patients recover and experience their hospital stay.
High School Diploma or equivalent
1 year of health experience OR Enrollment in a nursing program with completion of at least 1 clinical rotation required
Licensure, Certifications, And Clearances
CPR required within 30 days of hire
• Assists with physical, respiratory, and cardiopulmonary therapies. Provides feedback to the RN regarding patient care and reports changes in patient status.
• Performs responsibilities (blood glucose, weights, vital signs, I&O, specimen collections and Foley care) AND at least four of the following BU identified tasks: phlebotomy, 12 lead EKG, simple dressing, Foley catheter removal, point of care testing, bladder scan, straight catheter, or IV catheter removal.
• Assures equipment malfunctions are reported to the appropriate department.
• Provides instruction to patients and their families under the direction of the RN. May apply, monitor, and remove patient restraints as per physician or hospital protocol.
• Demonstrates the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all members of the health care team. Cares for patients and self by supporting safety in the workplace. Develops and maintains productive working relationships internally and externally by demonstrating accountability for actions, enthusiasm, motivation and commitment to patients and colleagues.
• Strictly adheres to all policies and procedures relative to patient care and hospital related information. Complies with safety policies and procedures including standard precautions.
• Suggests and supports changes within the department. Assumes responsibility for assignment and views problems as challenges. Demonstrates awareness of behavior on the efficient functioning of the department. Supports department-based projects and quality initiatives.
Completes department clerical functions as needed.
• Performs in accordance with system-wide competencies/behaviors.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation time and Sick time
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement based on medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
Important COVID message
Please note, our Sharon Regional Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled, and professional way.