Patient Care Technician 1 (PCT) - Part Time, 2pm-10:30pm
Responsible to Trumbull Regional Medical Center for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to Nursing Services for supporting the nursing philosophy and providing high quality, cost-effective comprehensive patient care. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Performs all skills on Patient Care Technician Equipment/Skills Checklist.
-The ED PCTI performs as an orthopedic resource/equipment liaison for the hospital
-Performs and/or assists with treatments/procedures
-Assists patients with activities of daily living
-Documents care provided according to charting guidelines
-Performs order entry in computer
- Under direction of Registered Nurse, provides high quality, cost-effective nursing care interdependently.
- Collects, transports, stores and/or dispose of refuse related materials safely.
- Transports patients, equipment, specimens, and supplies as needed.
- Stock supplies in the patient care area.
- Provides nutritional support to the patient.
- Performs chain of custody drug screens, blood and breath alcohol testing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school graduate or GED with related experience or training in medical assisting. After orientation, up to three month’s experience on this job is required to perform essential functions. Previous experience as a medical assistant preferred.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATIONCertification as Healthcare Provider (BLS) within 90 days of job date.