Patient Care Technician
Location: Steward Medical Group - North
Posted Date: 11/4/2020
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist providers with patient care. In doing so, ensures the patient is properly prepared in all aspects for the providers visit, verifies and obtains relevant information with patient and completes any necessary follow-up that the patient or provider may need. Assists the provider during any in-office procedures. Utilizes all necessary techniques.
- Be knowledgeable in the operation and condition of all medical devices and equipment used.
- Be knowledgeable regarding all clinical systems, protocols, policies and procedures necessary for the completion of all patient care duties, tasks and responsibilities as required by the department.
- Obtain and prepare laboratory specimens for testing
- Responsible for cleaning exam/procedure room(s) and maintaining equipment between patients and at the end of the day in accordance with established protocol; document accordingly. Maintain a clean work area; prepare the equipment, patient room(s), and stock supplies or facilitate the reorder of supplies as necessary. Effectively troubleshoot minor problems. Notify appropriate personnel of equipment malfunctions and repairs as needed.
- Remain flexible with the changing needs of the department and the organization.
- Completion of all required trainings.
- Must be competent in department and organizational specific responsibilities. Must complete evaluation before any specialized duties can be performed.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of a clinical training program, certificate program or degree in Certified Nurses Assistant (CNA), Home Health Aide (HHA), Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), EKG Tech, or Medical Assisting
- CPR Certified
- Relevant professional experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must have a patient-focused attitude and strong interpersonal skills while maintaining a positive outlook and a professional appearance.
- Must have a working knowledge of basic medical terminology, processes, techniques, and procedures.
- Must be physically capable of lifting linens, supplies, and patients while utilizing proper body mechanics.
- Must be aware of hazards within the department and adhere to safety standards as stated by OSHA.