Patient Service Aide
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you
PATIENT SERVICES AIDE (Dietary & Food Service)
Performs a wide variety of functions to ensure high quality food and nutrition services to patients, visitors and staff on a consistent basis while maintaining the highest sanitary conditions.
- Asks patient if they need anything additional
- Acts on patient request promptly
- Assembles all necessary products and utensils for service areas on a timely basis
- Completes the set-up of trays and accompaniments by specified time per departmental policy
- Checks trays against patient name above bed to ensure proper delivery of trays
- Prepares and delivers late trays under the guidance of the Nutrition Care Assistant/Diet Technician
- Assists in proper assembly of patient tray at meal times
- Takes initiative to stock units for high census
- Notifies Manager when more than one floor delivery maybe necessary
- Rotates stock using proper procedures
- Practices “first-in/first-out” method
- Keeps storage areas neat, clean and satisfactory at all times
- Disposes of boxes and containers in the proper manner
- Transports stock floor supplies to nursing units utilizing established par level sheet created by department
- Reports any potentially unsafe conditions
- Alerts other employees to possible unsafe practices
- Sweeps, mops and squeegees floor as assigned or needed using proper warning signs for safety at all times
- Cleans, sanitizes and scrubs equipment (inside and out) to assure a sanitary work environment at all times
- Maintains a clean-as you-go attitude
- Adheres to sanitation infection control guidelines to prevent food borne illnesses and possible spread of infections
- Utilizes and stores cleaning agents properly
- Performs duties assigned on cleaning schedule
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Commits to recognize and respect cultural diversity for all customers (internal and external).
- Communicates effectively with internal and external customers with respect of differences in cultures, values, beliefs and ages, utilizing interpreters when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Education: High School diploma or GED preferred. Elementary level required
- Experience (Type & Length): Previous experience in a food service environment preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
Important COVID message
Please note, Saint Anne’s Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.