Patient Service Specialist I
Are you looking for an exciting, professional career with an organization that treats each individual with dignity and respect? We take pride in our work knowing that we each make a difference in the lives of our patients every day!
Steward Medical Group at Hawthorn Medical Associates seeks an enthusiastic, professional Patient Service Specialist with a helpful mindset, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast paced environment! The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Scheduling, referral management, check-out, triaging calls appropriately while managing a multi-line phone system.
- Scheduling appointments accurately and efficiently.
- Managing physician schedules by following up on patient no-shows.
- Demonstrating courteous phone manners and cooperative behavior towards patients, visitors, coworkers and providers.
- Performing duties as a team member, integrating activities with fellow employees and providers in all departments.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- At least 2 years of prior medical secretary or medical office experience.
- Must be familiar with using an electronic medical record (EMR) such as Athena, and have a strong understanding of medical terminology.
- Experience working with various insurance companies to obtain prior authorizations, plans and referral procedures strongly preferred.
Competitive compensation and benefits programs, educational reimbursement and more!
Convenient South coast location, convenient to I-195, free parking
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety. The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company's employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year. The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah. For more information, visit www.steward.org.
Hawthorn Medical Associates, an affiliate of Steward Health Care, was established in 1970 and is the largest multi-specialty group practice in the Greater New Bedford area. We have many of the area’s finest physicians who practice in our state-of-the-art facilities in a campus-like setting. They are supported by a skilled professional and support staff and together provide high quality, comprehensive medical care to more than 138,000 patients each year.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 124052