Patient Transporter - Part Time, Evening Shift
With 346 beds, the skilled staff at Trumbull Regional Medical Center has been providing quality care for over a century. Trumbull Regional Medical Center serves the health care needs of residents in Trumbull County and nearby communities. Trumbull Regional Medical Center offers a vast scope of inpatient and outpatient medical and surgical services from emergency, cardiac and critical care to orthopedic, childbirth, and other diagnostic and therapeutic services. A designated Level III Trauma Center; the hospital became the first in Ohio to achieve Chest Pain v5 accreditation, which is the highest-level accreditation from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. READ MORE HERE
High school graduate or GED with no prior experience or specialized training.
After orientation up to three month’s experience on this or related jobs is required to perform essential functions.
Certification in BLS by the American Heart Association required or obtain within 3 months of hire date.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Performs all skills on the PSA – Transport checklist.
- Collaborates with other members of the healthcare team.
- Performs customer services related to direct patient care.
- Transports patients and equipment and supplies as needed.
- Collects, transports, stores and /or disposes of refuse related materials safely.
- Performs quick cleaning of patient rooms in ED and radiology.
- Stocks supplies in the patient care area.
- Provides nutritional support to the patient.
- Instructs patients prior to radiology exams
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.