Per Diem Physical Therapist - Saturday Coverage
TITLE: Physical Therapist– Saturday Coverage
At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
Under the written referral of a physician, physician assistant, nurse practitioner, dentist, osteopath, and in concert with other members of the hospital staff, the physical therapist is responsible for the evaluation of patient clinical status, the assessment of their rehab potential, the design and implementation of age appropriate treatment programs to maximize the patient’s level of function, counseling and education to patients in the rehabilitation setting. Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of patients served; demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development; possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s requirements relative to age and cultural specific needs and to provide care needed in accordance with professional standard of practice.
Graduate of an APTA accredited program
Bachelor of Science Degree and/or certificate in Physical Therapy
Massachusetts license or license eligible
Current CPR certification
Effective communication and educator skills
Ability to perform essential functions without posing a direct threat to patients and other staff
Ability to work cooperatively with others with a positive attitude
Ability to deal with stress due to fast paced and growing environment
Ability to manage within a flexible schedule
Ability to work independently with excellent organizational and sound decision making skills
Able to read, hear, write and comprehend English
Willing to train in continuing education annually
Frequent standing, sitting, pushing, bending, lifting and/carrying objects from 2-75+lbs (overhead: 2- 10lbs,above waist: 2-75lbs, below waist: 2-75+lbs). Occasionally twisting and climbing.
Supervises: Physical Therapist Assistants, Clinical Aides, Students
Collaborates with: Occupational Therapy Staff, Speech and Language Therapy Staff, Medical Staff, Nursing Staff, Respiratory Staff, Dietary Staff, Care Coordination, Interpreters.
Has the authority to select and perform all aspects of treatment/evaluation and patient care within the guidelines of the hospital, under the state and federal licensing regulations, and ethical and standards of care adopted by the APTA.
- Provides superior customer service to external and internal clients, customers as referenced in the Hospital Wide Performance Expectation.
- Evaluates patient’s clinical status, assess clinical/rehab needs, establish goals in conjunction with patient and family, plans and implements a treatment program including a discharge plan.
- Takes all precautions for observing indications/contraindications
- Maintains records pertinent to patient evaluations, and treatment; follows set guidelines for evaluation and record keeping.
- Instructs patient/family as indicated in treatment goals, home programs, and in-hospital self exercises.
- Prepares or supervises aides in the preparation of patients for treatment via proper draping and positioning, maintaining patient privacy.
- Applies or supervises aides in application of agents such as: TENS, Ultrasound, Electrical Stimulation, Hot Packs, Cold Packs, Cervical and Lumbar Traction, Whirlpool, Massage, Iontophoresis, Biofeedback.
- Follows department policies and procedures
- Assists and directs and instructs ancillary and other personnel as necessary
- Studies current trends and new developments in physical medicine by survey of literature, attendance at professional meetings and conferences, research activities and participation in department in-services.
- Participates in the training of physical therapy students from APTA accredited programs after 1 year of experience.
- Participates in development of new programs and clinical services
- Participates in the CQI process through audits, peer review, and other Quality Council approved activities.
- Performs various other duties as assigned by Director of Rehabilitation Services.
- Reports formally and informally to the Supervisor and /or Director of Rehabilitation Services, regarding situations that require his/her attention.
- Reports immediately any deviations in normal operations.
- Reports immediately any unusual occurrences related to patients, other staff, self, or equipment.
- Reports all incidents and breaches in the quality of care to the Director of Rehabilitation Services and Risk Management Department.
- Reports to Primary care Physician/Referring Physician, any changes in the patient’s condition warranting intervention.
Shall be accountable for selecting and performing all aspects of patient care as delineated by license, and governed by state, federal and standard setting organizations.
Shall be accountable for maintaining the confidentiality and security of all hospital related, staff related, and patient related data and information.
Shall be accountable for abiding by all relevant hospital and departmental policies and procedures including infection control.
Shall be accountable for patient care by non-licensed personnel while under their supervision.
Union and Steward Benefits to help you live well!
- Low cost Medical/Prescription Drug Insurance through BCBS
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k via Fidelity for eligible employees with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Worldwide Travel Assistance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Auto and Home Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
Important COVID message
Please note, Carney Hospital is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.